Friday, June 6, 2008

Just Relax!

We have been trying for a baby for a year and half and it has become a hobby of mine. I think it's fun to test for whatever it is you test at various stages of your cycle. I was amazed how much about my body I figured out by taking my temperature every morning. But I was always fine about, whether we were or were not pregnant.

But then everyone started saying that I needed to relax. I would answer:"What do you mean, relax? I am not really stressing over it?" And they would say back: "Yes, you are, otherwise you would not be doing all those things." Ummm. I don't know, but if you want to watch TV, you need to go out and buy the TV first, right? So I was happily getting ready WHILE not stressing over anything, because I was perfectly fine with waiting and additional month or two, knowing well that it does not always happen immediately.

Then we found out something is not going right. We saw too many doctors and tried too many meds. We did shots (not the fertility kind, those are out of question for me, just the blood thinning shots so that I was able to keep the baby if I was pregnant). We did multivitamins and supplements. And we kept having people saying that we needed to relax.

Somewhere around month 15, I was brainwashed. I was trying to relax so hard, that I was stressing myself. Not over the *%&^ baby making, but over relaxing! So seriously, next time you tell me to relax, that baby (and I will get pregnant!) goes on your account. You people made me paranoid!

(Btw, we had more than 1 miscarriage while not trying and occasionally on vacation too, so the relaxing thing is probably not going to help anyway)

1 comment:

DreamCatcher said...

Hey Kat.

You know for a fact I won't be telling you to "Just Relax". That is so annoying when people do that even though I know it is in their best intentions. Funny thing is... now that I'm not longer after a second child and it is no longer feasible... I don't hear the words Just Relax anymore it is more... Shouldn't you be more nervous than this. LOL Nothing like going from one extreme to the other.

Anyway, thank you for your post on my blog. I hope to see some BFPs in the group really soon. Keep me updated on your adoption journey as well. I will be sure to check here for pictures when everything gets finalized.

*Huggles*
Amy