Monday, June 30, 2008

Must Be Crazy

After the huge success of the last two months and getting positive pregnancy tests even before I ovulate, I reevaluated my medical condition and decided I needed some more medical testing in the area of hormones and them being crazy and making me crazy and so on. So on we go back to my first reproductive endocrinologist. The problem? They don't test for hormones regularly other than the basic test that I had probably seven times by now and which suggests no problems whatsoever. The only way they test again is if one is being treated, so for example with IUI (intrauterin insemination, kind of like sex without the actual sex part, but with a stick going down where a stick was not supposed to go and definitely no orgasm) or IVF (definitely noting like sex). So yes, we are getting a real fertility treatment! (hopefully)

Now the fun part is that, of course, you are not allowed to do fertility treatment with a blood clotting disorder, which I do happen to have. The rule of the thumb is that with each homon shot (why can't they come in little pills?) you get another shot of blood thinners. Not sure they will even allow me to do estrogen at all, which does happen to be an important part of many treatments. So in addition to seeing my dear RE (see above), I will also have to see my equally dear hematologist and get an OK from her with a dosage of shots that I will need to be taking with the treatment. Very exciting.

No comments: