Sunday, January 4, 2009

Baby Registry - Check!

We are pretty much done with our baby registry as of yesterday. Obviously, we will be switching things like clothing around slightly once we are sure of the gender (which is actually 90% girl, but that's a long story about internet research and things called "nubs"), but 99% of the stuff on the registry is ready to go. I realize that anyone who does not work with me might think that registering this early is a bit of an overreaction, but notice that I am a strong type A personality - a must for an accountant and that my busy season consisting of 60+ weekly hours (and here I am being optimistic) can easily take me to May. Obviously, hoping for it to calm down some time in March, but there are no guarantees. Another fact is that this many hours and pregnancy will probably not mix well and the last thing I need is running in babies'r'us for hours trying not to forget anything. This way we can finish registering in early May and have a shower mid-June and even our out-of-state friends and relatives will have plenty of time should they decide to contribute. 

Now for the registry itself - I am hoping I put on enough for every budget (thinking about my dear colleagues, lol!) while putting enough cute baby items (as opposed to useful) on that even Erin can let it guide her ;) There are quite a few expensive things which I don't really expect anyone to buy, but at the same time it's sort of my organizer list and hopefully we can get the 10% off for most of them :) But I sure won't mind if people pool some money and get us that cosleeper, we will sure need that!

No comments: