Monday, November 17, 2008

Are we down to 5%?

On Friday we have passed an important development step. And when I say we, I mean the bean did. Either it had or had not developed a heart beat. If it had developed a heart beat, our chances on future miscarriage have fallen down to 5%. If it has not... well, in that case our chances on miscarriage are up to 100%. It's a bit depressing to know that something like that has taken a place and not to be able to check on it. For the sake of math, 10% of the pregnancies will not develop a heart beat, so one out of 10 pregnancies ends before this point. Depressing, isn't it.

Don't take it the wrong way, though. I am not sitting around trying to figure out the heart beat. Mainly I had a miserable night and I am half asleep as it is, so no depressing thoughts on my part. It's really hard to be depressed if you can barely lift up your head. On a lighter note, on Wednesday we should start forming arms and legs :) I'm off to pretend I am reading while I am taking a nap....

No comments: