Sunday, November 9, 2008

We did it

So, adoption turned out to be a no go for us. We don't have 6 grand sitting in the bank account waiting to be used as a downpayment on a baby. So we tried IVF. And it worked. It didn't look like it at first because my estrogen was not growing and no estrogen = crappy eggs, but about 50 injections later we had the first (and awesome, if I may say so) batch of eggs. They took out 17, 12 were mature, 9 fertilized and 6 made it to snow babies. And of course there is the one that is sitting inside of me and apparently growing, though it looks a bit like an alien at the moment (see pic on the right, lol).

The downside is that my behind can't take any more shots. It's so sore I am having issues walking today and I still have over 5 weeks to go. And the morning sickness is starting. So far the ginger cookies have been keeping it at bay but seems today that one cookie in the morning is no longer cutting it. I think I will have to increase the dosage. Yeah, I know I've been wanting to be sick for the last 3 years, but it would have been way nicer to be like my mom wondering what the heck is morning sickness. Sadly, I am not one of those lucky ... ladies. 

2 comments:

DreamCatcher said...

Awww, Kat, Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!! It's about darn time. Be sure to keep updating so I can keep track of you. *Huggles*

Amy

DreamCatcher said...

Hi again, Kat. Oh my, congrats to Jess. Yes I am on facebook. It's Amy Orr. You can pass that on to the group if you'd like.