Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Waiting

So I am waiting for my second beta number to come in. For trying to conceive beginners and other blissfully ignorant, a beta is a blood test that measures the pregnancy hormone in female body and based on the numbers a viability of the pregnancy is established or an ectopic pregnancy can be diagnosed. Generally, anything over 5 is considered pregnant. However, the most important part is the doubling - the number should double in about 48 hours for it to indicate a healthy baby.

My first beta was last Wednesday and came back at 85 (e.g. definitely pregnant). My second beta was today (Tuesday, 11/11) and for everything to be fine it needs to be somewhere in the 700 range. The problem is that it is only 10 am and they usually don't call the results in until at least 2 pm but sometimes as late as 5pm, so I am having a looooong day today. Not really having any pregnancy symptoms now that I discovered ginger cookies I am getting pretty nervous.

The good news of the day is that I am switching from progesterone shots to progesterone inserts (well, you don't want to know more about that). Mainly, my behind is incredibly sore and my legg muscless are burning and tingling and generally not liking more sesame oil. So yay for the switch!

No comments: